Altin Ismaili, manager of our Woodley salon was called upon recently, to dress hair at the High Society Temperley show for London Fashion Week. Altin joined the Wella Professionals Creative Team led by Panos Papandrianos backstage at Temperley’s prestigious S/S 12 Fashion event. The show reflected the allure of the Temperley woman with the “High Society” look: sleek, sexy and chic, so Altin and the team were charged with creating hair that was pulled up high in to clean and glossy ponytails, embodying sophistication and grace, with a nod to the glamorous 50s.
As a member of the F.A.M.E. Team, Altin is used to session styling, having styled hair for various photo shoots throughout the year, and Altin rose to the challenge of styling catwalk hair. He will undoubtedly have a flock of fashion forward girls desperate for his expertise now that he has firmly ensconced himself in the fashion world!
Altin’s tips for getting the catwalk look are:
- Apply Velvet Amplifier on to damp hair and blow dry section by section, ensuring the hair is as smooth and as straight as possible.
- Divide the hair into two sections, keeping the front of the hair separate. Apply Wella Professionals Rugged Fix at the roots and comb back in to a ponytail.
- Now focusing on the front section of the hair, repeat the above, ensuring all hair is smoothed down and secure using a rubber band over the existing ponytail.
- Spray Wella Professionals Super Set all over the ponytail to give extra hold for the curl you are about to create.
- Brush the ponytail through and tong small sections to create a slight curl at the end of the ponytail. Finish with another spritz of Wella Professionals Super Set to hold the look in place.
- General news